Complications include Cancer of Oesophagus, Asthma type illness or Pneumonia.
What you can do is to recognize it and do the following:
- Sleep at 30 degree angle with the head end of bed raised or get a wedge. Sleeping with 1 pillow under the upper back and 2 pillows under the head may or may not help.
- Avoid Spicy hot foods, Colas, Coffee, Tea and Caffeine at night time.
- Chocolate can worsen Reflux as well.
- Stop eating about 2 hrs before bed time.
- Reduce Weight and be at a look out for Sleep Apnea, that can worsen Reflux.
- Avoid getting Constipated and avoid tight at waist clothing.
- Expect Reflux to get worse with Pregnancy.
- Over the counter medicines might help. Mylanta or Maalox are good as needed medicines and Prilosec is better if taken regularly. Ask Physician before taking any medicine if Pregnant.
- If symptoms persist seek medical Advice, sooner the better.
For your Asthma or Sleep Apnea needs visit,